Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wife duties...

I am learning slowly what it takes to be a good wife...cook, clean, do laundry, fold laudry, and then cook and clean some more. =) In fact, I should be doing laundry right now, but blogging is more fun!

One of my newest addictions is smoothies that include spinach! What a tasty way to get in a serving of greens! It may look nasty, but it sure does taste good and it is healthy. My daily breakfast smoothie...

 [Sidebar-The Gamecock baseball team is about to enter the Super Regionals this weekend!  It is not a wife duty of mine to watch baseball because I LOVE the sport! Unfortunately we will not be in Columbia for the games, but we are definately rooting them on! GO COCKS!]
I dont really measure out anything for my smoothies..I just dump in the stuff...
1/2 cup of ice
a little water
handful of spinnach
Low-fat vanilla soymilk
a few sprinklings of ground flaxseed
1 banana
a little honey
handful of blueberries

Blend and enjoy! It looks pretty gross, but it sure is good! Don't forget to brush your teeth after drinking this one! =)

Tomorrow I am going to mix it up and try a Tart Smoothie...I'll let you know how it turns out!

While I am on the topic of food, I cooked my first dinner at home last night for my husband! I think it turned out pretty good!

Cheesy Crab and Chile Quesadilla with Stringbeans and Jumbalaya Rice
Quesadilla recipe from Hungry Girl cookbook

I think we enjoyed our first meal together in our new home and we got to use our everyday china for the first time!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. How interesting- adding spinach! I don't think I could stomach it!! You sound like an awesome wife! I bet your hubby appreciates you tons (:

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!