Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Valentine's Day 2012

The husband and I are not very lovey-dovey when it comes to Valentine's Day. We don't have to have a romantic, gourmet dinner and and I have never been a huge fan of roses. They are a little cliche to me. So we went for a more practical day yesterday!!

I somehow got the day off on Tuesday so the husband took the day off as well! We woke up at 6 am on Valentine's day! Such early birds, we are!!

I headed out to get my 3 mile run in and he headed to the gym for a little while! After our morning exercise, we fixed a quick breakfast and headed out the door for our little day trip to Charlotte. Why Charlotte, you ask? To visit this little store...


I have been dying to go here, and will say it did not disappoint! Our big purchase was two of these...

 
I have been searching for bedside tables for a while now. I like these and we need the extra drawers for storage. I think I am going to try to turn it into a Dorothy Draper style dresser! My husband is going to help me as part of my Valentine's gift! So excited to get started on them!!

We also got a bunch of little nicknack type stuff for the house. We spend a few hours in here and easily could have stayed all day!!

We also headed to Northlake Mall for a while and to Trader Joe's since we don't have one anywhere around us! My favorite thing from TJ's...



I can't wait to try this out on some oatmeal or ice cream! We headed home and then made dinner together! It was a low-key wonderful Valentine's Day!!

This cute little jacket came in the mail the other day! I couldn't wait until spring to wear it!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!