Thursday, February 23, 2012

First Day Back...

Hello and Happy Thursday! It is absolute gorgeous day here!! It is suppose to be 80 degrees!! [This is why I love being in the South!!]

I survived the Myrtle Beach Marathon!! I not only survived the marathon but I PR'ed by 46 minutes. Who does that??? As my running partner said, "YOU DO!" I was thrilled! 

I have a recap in the works but it is taking me a while because I want to remember every moment of this past weekend! It was an absolutely awesome race for me!

This morning was my first day back doing any kind of physical activity since the marathon. I had planned on doing a 5:30 am yoga class yesterday and my alarm went of at 4:50 and could not peel myself out of the bed. So I gave myself another day of complete rest! 

After I sent the husband a text yesterday to tell him how awesome that yoga class was, he sent me this photo back and said, "It looked to me like this pose was your favorite." {We tease one another when one makes it to the gym and the other doesn't. It's totally normal!}

 

Today, I made it to yoga and it felt great! I could tell I was a little stiff and sore in places but it hurt so bad good!! After yoga, I headed out to see how my legs would hold up on the track. I ran at a 9:20 pace for 2 miles. I felt better than I thought I would. I could feel some soreness in my knees. 

I am pleased with my recovery so far and I plan to take it easy for the rest of the week and weekend and get back to a more normal routine next week!!

I am off to enjoy this beautiful day!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!