Thursday, March 1, 2012

Trinity Collegiate Titan Trot O-Run 2012 Recap

Last Friday afternoon I got a text from a friend that read, "You wanna do a practice O-Run tomorrow at Trinity? Team is paid for. We need two other girls. Maybe you and your sister? It's free."

A free race that I don't have to pay for? Saweeet, I am in! I didn't even consider the fact that this is some sort of obstace race and not just your average 5k. At this point I had only run 2 miles and done 1 yoga class since the marathon. Little did I know what I was getting myself into!

I have done this 5k every year they have raced it. It is a great race with great swag. This year the O-Run part of it was new and they were trying to mimick the O-run that is done by a local crossfit gym. Well, this was totally different because there were not really any "obstacles" so to speak.

I texted back and told her we were in and we signed up on race morning and our team name officially became "Last Minute Ladies". How appropriate!

Here we are before the torture started. 

There were three teams registered. All three teams were All female teams. The men must have known something we didn't know.

The obstacles were mainly all body weight type stuff and you know, you don't do a whole lot of body weight type stuff while marathon training. HELLO jiggly arms!

Here we go, here is how it went:
Run a little
20 burpees
bear crawl 50yds
20 burpees
run a little
crawl through a tunnel
run a little
carry sandbags down and back
run a little
20 pushups
run a little
20 airsquats

 lunges for 100yds
20 airsquats


carry your teammate on your back down and back

run a little
20 pushups
run a little
4 tire flips- 2 teammates at a time
run a little
20 pushups
run a little
20 burpees
run back to start

Here is the kicker...We had to do this TWICE! It took us 1:13 to complete this and we came in second out of three teams. The absolute hardest thing I have ever done and I never want to do it again! 


i look like i am going down for the count, but i promise i made it across the finish line!
i think i'd rather run a marathon again than do this race

Thank you Lord for helping us finish!
c
happy to be done, if you can't tell

I never regret running or doing a race and all of the ladies who ran the o-run portion are totally awesome and some of my awesome running friends. Although it was tough, we laughed and worked our way through it together and we all finished! I don't know that I will do this again next year unless they revamp the course! :)

Up next....The Palmetto State O-Run Team Challenge on Saturday

Yes...you can call me crazy!
 Photobucket
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!