Sunday, July 17, 2011

My New Motto for Life...

Last night, the hubs and I watched Secretariat for the first time. What an awesome story about the greatest racehorse that ever lived. If you have not seen this movie you should go rent it right now need to watch it!
Its one of those movies that we all know the ending of but they could not have portrayed the story any better than what they did. 

Secretariat's owner, Penny Chenery, had the utmost faith and confidence that her horse had the will and determination to go all the way and win the Triple Crown despite the harassment of others.

She spoke these words and they immediately resonated with me as a runner...

"This is not about going back. This is about life being ahead of you and you run at it! Because you never know how far you can run unless you run."   -Penny Chenery, Secretariat
 
 
I never thought in my 27 years that I would ever run 26.2 miles, much less ever even run over 3.
I hope that you find a little inspiration and motivation in this quote as I did!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. britton--thanks for becoming a new follower of my blog. i love your a) NAME b) blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I will have to check this movie out! You inspire me.. 26.2 mi... that is great! I want FL to cool down so I can get motivated.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!