On a different note, I can't wait to use of the wedding goodies and begin cooking and baking! I have always wanted to be a good cook and make all of these amazing recipes that I find, but it seems I never take the time to actually do it. (I don't have my own kitchen either and Mom is always cooking). My family and friends probably think I dont know how and I am horrible at it because i dont do it. They laugh and joke with me about not being able to cook. So, I got inspired and told Charlie by the end of the week my goal was to cook something out of the new Southern Living magazine (p.s. I LOVE Southern Living Magazine and all its greatness), and that is what I did! Yesterday, I made 2 Kentucky Hot Brown tarts! I will have to say that it was pretty good! I know I can cook, I just have to make time to do it! Here is the recipe!!
1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts (to save time, I used a piecrust already made)
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked turkey
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded white Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
4 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll piecrusts; stack on a lightly greased surface. Roll stacked piecrusts into a 12-inch circle. Fit piecrust into a 10-inch deep-dish tart pan with removable bottom; press into fluted edges. Trim off excess piecrust along edges. Line piecrust with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Place pan on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Remove weights and foil from piecrust, and bake 8 more minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet on a wire rack (about 15 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
2. Layer turkey and next 3 ingredients in tart shell on baking sheet.
3. Whisk together half-and-half and next 3 ingredients; pour over turkey.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until set.
5. Place tomatoes in a single layer on paper towels; press tomatoes lightly with paper towels. Arrange over top of tart, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 15 minutes.
Ok, this is the only picture I have of this, so don't laugh! My blackberry takes terrible pictures! I will do better with the photography next time!