Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Race to the finish!

I feel as though I am racing to the finish in more ways than one! Yall know I love to race! I only have 6 more days of my internship left and then I will officially be DONE with graduate school. I feel very relieved but at the same time I feel like I am racing to get all of this paperwork and last minute stuff done, not to mention that in the back of my mind all I really want to think about is the wedding! I have stuff constantly running through my mind! I sure hope I can get everything done! I am looking foward to the future and a new journey!
This weekend we headed to the beach, thank goodness! A weekend away with the Vause's is exactly what I needed, especially since it was Michael's birthday! We got up early Saturday morning and headed to Litchfield State Park to run in the Fun Sun Run. Michael and I ran the 10k, Lauren ran the 5k, and Charlie cheered us on! It was a great race for a great cause (Global Soccer Ministries)- they teach the love of God and their love of soccer to various places in the world who are suffering and struggling to get by. We visited our FAVORITE restaurant, Soho, for some amazing sushi and then headed to Croissants for birthday dessert! The food was fab!!!! Thank you Lauren and Michael for being such great friends and having us spend the weekend with you at the beach!! 38 days before the big day, the race is on!!!

Fun Sun Run 10k- 53:35- First in 20-29 age group

I actually forgot my camera, which doesn't happen often! So, these pictures are the only ones and they came from Lauren's phone!
 Before dinner, being his normal silly self
 B & L
right before the finish line of the 2011 Fun Sun Run 10k event

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!