Friday, September 5, 2014

Weeks 8-12

Well, it’s official! I went to the Dr. on June 18 to confirm my pregnancy and I was 8 weeks! The husband and I are due with Baby Y on January 28, 2015. It’s all still a little surreal to me still although I have the sickness, tiredness, ultrasound pictures, and extreme food aversions ( chicken is gross and so is Mexican food!)

My energy has not yet come back yet which has prevented me from doing much exercise. I’ve been running 3/4 miles 2-4 times a week and when I don’t run I walk/jog with the dogs about 30 minutes each time. They are loving it! If they only knew what is happening!

I am going to do this fun survey and combine weeks 8-12!

How far along: 12 weeks (although I’m including the whole beginning of the pregnancy!)
How big is baby?: Plum
Weight gain: I am not totally sure but I think 4 lbs.
Symptoms: I have experienced nausea since about week 8. I also have been super tired.
Sleeping: I have been sleeping so good. I think lately has been some of the best sleep I’ve ever gotten!
Food cravings: Mac and cheese , anything cold….watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese
Food aversions: Chicken..plain ole baked or grilled chicken = YUCKO!
Miss anything?: My glass of moscato d’asti at night on my patio
Gender: ?
Wedding Rings on or off?: On.
Maternity Clothes?: No maternity clothing yet! I will put it off as long as I can but I know I am going to have to get pants for work. I have a good many loose fitting tops that may carry me for the next little while. I dread the lovely maternity clothes shopping time!
Movement: When I had my 12 week ultrasound, the tech said the baby was moving around quite a bit (which might be why my Dr. couldn’t find the heartbeat…talk about a freak out moment). I have not been able to feel any movement just yet.
What I did/got for baby: One pair of neutral canvas baby Tom’s and that’s it!
What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to hopefully regaining some of my energy so I can add a few miles to my runs. I am also looking forward to going back to work after summer break and telling my co-workers and friends! I am just now feeling comfortable with telling everyone so that’s on the agenda for the next week or so! Also, finishing up our kitchen renovation so that we can move on to the nursery!!
Best moment: Being able to see the baby on the ultrasound a lot clearer than the 8 week ultrasound. I could actually see a head and a definitive body forming! It was so cool!








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!