Saturday, January 18, 2014

Honda Turkey Run 10k…

 

…and my mom’s first 5k as an official runner (Saturday, November 9, 2013). I am super excited that my mom decided to go to this race with me and run it as a registered runner. She loves to walk and walks over an hour everyday. I convinced her she needed to throw some running in there and do a 5k. Today was the day! She has done several races, but they have all been as a walker!

mombritton

groupshot

brittonfinishing

momfinishing

us with turkey

 

I ran a 46:10 10k. It was not my best but not my worst either. I felt pretty good so I was happy. I came in 2nd in the 26-30 age group.

Mom ran a 34:54 which was good for 3rd place in the 56-60 category! Whoop whoop! She ran the whole thing too. I was a proud daughter!! I cant wait for many more races with my family!!

 

*britton*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!