Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hartsville Turkey Trot 5k Race Recap

 

Thanksgiving morning I got up bright and early for the annual Hartsville Turkey Trot 5k race. It has become a tradition to do this 5k before stuffing myself with food. This year was special because my husband and my mom joined in along with my friends! We hit the road for Hartsville around 6:40am and arrived at the Hartsville Y around 7:15. There was plenty of time for a bathroom stop and a 1 mile warm up.

Charlie Me Mom

It was super chilly but I was so thankful to be doing what I love with some of the people that I love the most! My husband is not a runner per se and my mom is a walker. I am some ways have passed the runner’s “bug” onto them!

charliememom2

me-finish

The only picture I have of me finishing since my husband, who is usually the photographer, was running! I sure hope I beat that guy who is rocking baggy clothes and cotton! Get some lycra, dude!

charliefinish

The husband finishing up; even he knows not to wear baggy cotton! ;)

Unfortunately there is no picture of mom finishing. I ran back to find her on the course and wasn’t there to take a picture but she did great despite the hills. I lied and told her there was only 1 so she would do the race with me. There were actually 3. Oops!

Group

I love racing with friends. It’s like Where’s Waldo trying to find me in this picture but I promise I am there. Stupid shadow!

My time was 23:00 even. I should have checked my watch because I could have pushed it more to get under 23. Oh well, my time was good enough for 1st place in the 25-29 age group and an oh so groovy bag that I will never use!

Cheers to the next race,

Britton

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!