Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Palmetto Half Marathon Race Recap





Saturday, April 14 I headed ran the Palmetto Half Marathon in Columbia, SC. I signed up to run this race with my friend M but due to some calf issues she ended up not running and another friend took her spot. 

My alarm went off at 4am. I drank 1/4 cup of coffee and met S by 5:00 and we were off. The drive to the race was right at an hour. We gave ourselves plenty of time to get their and get our things and make a bathroom stop (or two). The race started at 7:00 sharp! 

We got their and there was plenty of parking and everything was very well organized! Columbia always knows how to put on a great racing event. This race is in it's 3rd year and has continued to grow! There were close to 1,000 runners who ran the half marathon.

I wasn't sure what to expect for this race. I hadn't raced a half since last October. I knew I had been racing well lately so I didn't set any real goals for myself but just to go out and have a good run and that is exactly what I did.

The weather was absolutely perfect for this race. We couldn't have asked for any better weather for running!

Here is a breakdown of my half:
Mile 1- 7:36
2-7:31
3-7:25
4-7:21
5-7:27
6-7:16
7-7:16
8-7:48
9-7:31
10-7:28
11-7:42
12-7:44
13-7:26
.1-7:23

Official chip time = 1: 38: 43

New PR by close to 10 minutes!

#67 out of 932 runners

#12 out of 521 females

3rd place in the 25-29 age group




Thank you God for another absolutely beautiful day for a race!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! That's an awesome time!!! My first 1/2 was 3:34 LOL I'm just glad I finished!

    AWESOME JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did AMAZING! I remember how amazing it felt to finish the half marathon I did :) Looking forward to reading more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!