Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Spruce Up

So this is my first “summer vacation” after working my first year as a school counselor.

I thought I wanted a summer job but quickly I came to realize I wanted to do nothing more than eat, sleep, workout whenever I want, and shop. I’ve gotten real good at all of these over the last several weeks off!

The week of the 4th the husband had several days off work so instead of doing our usual beach trip we decided to take it easy at home and get a few things done around our house.

We painted the front and the back door and I also painted my Adirondack chair that had been sitting in the garage since before school got out.

I got several things for my patio as birthday gifts so I decided to do a patio spruce-up  as well! Here is how it turned out:

IMG_1923

IMG_1924

IMG_1925

IMG_1903

IMG_1905

IMG_1908

We also added an iron gate to our patio entrance although it is not pictured! We can now let Patton outside on the patio by himself and not have to constantly watch him (he loves running out in the road to greet whoever is walking by!)

I love our little space. Also not pictured is a corner of our patio that houses the trash can. It is an eyesore to say the least. Hopefully at some point we will get around to building something around it so it will not be as noticeable!

I have already enjoyed several afternoons outside on the patio with a glass (or 2) of wine in hand and a good book/magazine!

*britton*

1 comment:

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!