Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2012 Race for Taylor 10k


On Saturday, May 19, I ran the Race for Taylor 10k in my hometown. I did this race the first year they had it but missed it last year because it was on my wedding day. I was thrilled to be able to participate again this year because it is such a special race put on by a very special family in memory of their 17 year old son who was tragically killed in a car accident To read more about it, go here

I got up that morning bright and early to down some coffee and a cliff bar and a half a banana. The husband took me to the race because he needed my car to drive to Columbia for class and then to meet me in Aiken for a wedding.

The weather was absolutely perfect for racing, surprisingly not too warm.

I felt pretty good that morning and was eager to start the race.

There I am in the far left corner with the pink tank on! :)

I am blogging so far after the race that I don't remember my splits but I do know that my first two miles were under 7 minutes each. Whew! 

The race took us through several neighborhoods to which I forgot had a few rolling hills. It was not an easy course but a very good course!!

The only thing I did not like was that a bunch of walkers were still on the course as I was finishing and I had to weave in and out of traffic people but it was all good!

I hit the finish line with a time of.....


8     343   Britton Yarborough     08:09:15   08:52:34   00:43:19   6:59
 
8th overall out of 57 people
 
1st overall female
 
I was very proud of this time. I knew I had gone out too fast but I didn't completely fizzle at the end like I
 thought may happen!  

 Here I am approaching the finish!
 Whew!
Hugging Belinda as she gave me a bobblehead trohpy and $25 cash prize!

I now hold the course record for the females for this race course! 

Excited and proud of how I ran this race but I am wondering if I am leaving myself 
room to get any faster?!?! I hope so!!

After the race we were off to Aiken for a wedding and then from their to Lake Lure,
NC for our anniversary weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!