Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Finally got to...

run my first half-marathon!! I was registered to run the Half-Marathon in Myrtle Beach in February of 2010, and it was cancled due to snow (a definite first and probably last time that it will snow in Myrtle Beach!). The Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon was a great race! It was the inaugural race and everything was so well organized and put together! I finished in 1:56:23! A new PR for me!

On the other hand, I just registered for my very last class of my E.d. S. degree! Whoohoo. It really is a feeling of bittersweet. I am so ready to be done with school and get a job, yet I am going to miss being in school, the friends that I have met, and the atmosphere and comradere of the University of South Carolina! I can't wait to start my career!

This weekend is my second half-marathon of the season! I am running the Pecan Festival Half Marathon in Florence. I am exited about the local race and being with all of my running friends in our area! This weekend is also Charlie's Pig Pickin weekend; the Hewitt's anual family reunion weekend. I am excited to spend the weekend with my soon to be family!

Oh yeah....199 days to go!!! I can hear those wedding bells!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!