Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rainy Saturday



The weather has been pretty blah so far this weekend!!! I am SO glad we got our long run in this morning before all this rain. We did battle a little rain and a lot of gusty wind but we got it done, and pretty fast too I might add!!

20 miles in 2:52:18

Average pace per mile= 8:36

PS- I didn't know I could run 20 miles that fast.

We reversed our normal route and ran backwards so it was nice to change it up a bit. We stopped twice- once at Walgreens and then again at Riteaid. I took two Gu's- one roctaine and one without caffeine. 

I have officially switched to the marathon in Myrtle Beach. We have one more long run on the books and then its downhill from there! :) 

My training approach to this marathon has been quite different from my first one last year. I had over a year to prepare for last years marathon. [Thank you to the snowstorm that hit Myrtle Beach that caused the race to get cancled. I had to use my credit by March to get the half off] So, I registered for the full with plenty of time to wrap my mind around the idea that I am crazy I will be running 26.2 miles.

This year I signed up for the half marathon thinking that I just didn't have the time to devote to marathon training due to working on weekends. We my schedule changed and I am back on track. I emailed the race director and had them switch me to the full marathon kind of at the last minute. I had a base of 13-14 miles and my pace has been much quicker than before so I knew I could do it. Two 20 mile runs later and I am pretty confident I can handle it!

In other news, it is still raining and I am perched in front of the television for the afternoon which is something I rarely ever do! Off to enjoy the rest of the afternoon/evening!!

Happy Weekend friends!, 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!