Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday happenings

This morning I got up at 5am (yes I just said 5am and yes, today is Saturday-I am crazy- I already know this) to meet three fab runner friends for my weekly long run. The weather was unusually lacking humidity and that scorching feeling that has been very present lately a.k.a. it felt great outside. We ran all over Flo-town, or at least it felt like we did!

15 miles on the books!---2 hours and 30 minutes not including the Walgreens water and fuel stop (yes, we went to Walgreens and hung out by the water fountain and bathrooms while we took a breather and swallowed our GU!)


It was a great way to start the day! Husband did yardwork and a little running himself this morning and then we grabbed subs before doing a little king size bed shopping. We are almost two months into this whole marriage thing and I just can't get over not sleeping in the middle of the bed. :)

We threw a little grocery shopping in the mix and after unloading groceries and doing some laundry, we decided our afternoon job was to be couch potatoes! With my legs feeling a little like jello, this was a perfect way to spend our Saturday afternoon!
We are cooking fish tacos and having black bean dip for dinner tonight; yummmy! We are doing it healthy-mexican style!
Happy Weekend!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun. I used to have a running/workout buddy, but she has had some back problems now and she isn't supposed to run anymore. It has been hard finding someone to pal up with.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!