Friday, September 5, 2014

Weeks 13-18

During weeks 12-18, I had my share of ups and downs. One minute I would feel fine, the next awful. There was never any pattern or reasoning to it. There was no specific time of day. Although, the awful nausea feeling would be especially prevalent as soon as I left my house to go somewhere. Convenient, huh? 

During week 17-18, I finally started feeling somewhat normal again. Well, not normal but as normal as I can feel right now. I accredit that to being in back in a routine with work and on a schedule. I never really felt that energy boost that everyone keeps talking about. I'm not convinced that I will ever get my energy back but my fingers and toes are still crossed. 

My 16 weeks dr. appointment went well and my husband accomponied me. He got to hear the little heartbeat for the first time. It was so neat. The heartbeat was between 150-155, so my husband is convinced we have a little princess. I, on the other hand, feel sure that trains, planes, and trucks are in our near future! 

These pas several weeks:

How far along: 18 weeks
How big is baby?: sweet potato
Weight gain: I am not totally sure at this point but I am thinking 6-7 lbs.
Symptoms: Nausea, fatigue, constipation...you name it, i've probably experienced it! It could always be worse though. 
Sleeping: I am now waking up 1-2 nights to pee. Occasionally, I will sleep through the night and it is glorious! I am moving from one side to the other several times during the night also.
Food cravings: Carbs, Carbs, Carbs! Bread, pasta, and cheese!
Food aversions: Still chicken--unless it is fried on a sandwich from Chick-Fil-A!
Miss anything?: Sushi and wine for sure. 
Gender: Still don't know. I think boy, husband thinks girl. We will soon find out which gender will take over our house!
Wedding Rings on or off?: On.
Maternity Clothes?: Mainly just pants because they are so much more comfortable. I found Gap Maternity dress pants that are ankle length! I fell in love with them and now own 4 pairs. No one would ever know they were maternity and they are so gosh darn comfy. They may even pass the inspection for my normal wardrobe after baby if they still fit! No shame in my game!
Movement: don't know for sure if I have felt the baby move. I have felt different little twinges and gas like bubbles but I can't pinpoint what exactly it is. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will feel one that I will know for sure is the baby moving!
What I did/got for baby: My mom bought a garnet USC gown with a small Carolina logo on it. She had to buy something! Couldn't stand it any longer. Other than that, we still haven't done much shopping. Oh, but it is coming! 
What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to finding out the gender of our sweet precious child! I think I will be so excited and so nervous! I don't know why I will be nervous, but I think I will. I am also looking forward to a gender reveal get together with my family and a few close friends.
Best moment of the weeks: Hearing the heartbeat with my husband there! 









Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!