Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Race4Taylor 10k Recap

On May 17, I headed to West Florence High School (with my husband!!!!) to run in one of the biggest races in Florence. 

This is a race that is put on in honor of Taylor Elmore, son of Belinda and Greg Elmore, who was killed in car accident at 17 years of age. We did not know Greg and Belinda and Taylor very well at the time of the accident, but since then have gotten to know their family through friends and the running community. 

This year was no different than any of the other years this race has been held. It was an absolutely wonderful day celebrating the life of Taylor! 

Me and Mom

Charlie ran the 5k! He finished with a time of 28:41, the fastest he has ever run! Whoop Whoop! (and he did some training too!) I was a proud runner wife!


So, this race was just ok for me as far as feel. I started out way too fast as usual and then fizzled out at the end. I hate 5k's and 10k's that start together! I always try to start out at 5k pace and it never ends up good.

 
I ended up running a 47:58 (7:44 pace). I was just ok with this, not pleased. It was good enough for 1st place in the 20-29 AG and I also got an award for "beating the pirate" that was on the course. 




Lisa and I with our awards!

This race will likely be my last race in my 20's. I wanted to run another race before I turn 30 in July but I don't think its going to happen. I began my running career when I was 25 so I have been in this one age category the whole time! I am a bit nervous about moving up!!! Girls in their 30's are seriously fit and competitive!!! I'm ready though, bring it on!! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know more about you! Please feel free to leave me some love!